Chapter One; The Breakthrough

     The weather was so cold that day and it was raining. Even though she decided not to cry anymore, the tears kept welling on her cheeks. She couldn’t utter any words as if she was mute. Lily, her best of best friend whom she ever had also felt helpless. She couldn’t say much, instead she just kept hoping that her best friend would get well soon.

She didn't want to cry but...she couldn't stop it

                “She has been experiencing a terrible shock, it’s just the matter of time and she really needs time to forget about that incidence” Dr. Chen talks nicely to Lily.

                “ I know doctor, but how am I suppose to help her? I don’t know what’s going on in her mind. I thought I can help, but at the end of the day…I can’t see her that way!” Lily cried.

                “ Miss Lau, I'm aware of that, and at this moment she really needs your support. You two used to be so closed and maybe that can help her a bit. This is very difficult, but we have done our best and you should not lose the hope too.” The doctor replied.

                Then, after having a brief talk with Lily, the doctor asked Lily's  permission to leave for the ward round. Lily really wanted to help her friend but she did not even know how to approach her.

                “ If I were you, I don’t think I can handle such a big shock…losing my only brother in front of my eyes” Lily spoke to herself. Lily knew that her best friend was strong enough to keep on living after that incidence last week. 

to be continue...

Comments

Popular Posts