Something about one percent!


“It’s very difficult in life, to find someone special.
But right now, I realized that everyone can be someone special for others.
Even it’s only a 1% chance. It’s not that difficult. Just make it happen. 
Everyone has a special thing hidden inside themselves. 
Even if it’s just 1%, make use of it.” 


Lee Kyu Chul in One Percent of Anything, 2003

     Now I’m certain that I'm on the right track. For the past two years, when someone asked me why did I want to be in this field, I just told them

"It was  merely a coincidence. I’ve never expect it."

I kept saying that as if I regretted my choice. Yeah, that time my so-called DECISION MAKING skill was terrible. I did it to satisfy others and at last I ended up hurting myself. However, that's not the end of it. I managed to endure it for 2 long years.
     And now it is changing. I’ve felt the passion already. It’s just because it really made me a better person. That’s all that I want. This field really made me become a person. Before this, I’m kinda rude and my COMMUNICATION SKILLS was totally a disaster. Some say this field is stressful, but I found it interesting because we’re dealing with people. Just imagine, there are so much things you can learn just by talking and listen to them.
     Definitely, there’s a lot of new stuffs to be learned. And that’s the adventurous part because you kept on seeking knowledge. This is so called LIFELONG LEARNING. We learn not just to pass the exam but to apply it. We also then realized how meaningful someone’s life would be.  
Attitude comes first. I remembered my one of my respected Proffessor said,

"Once you’ve immerse yourself in this field, you’ll be a better person. No matter  even if you change your carreer as the time goes, you’ll surely apply what you’ve gained here and become a better man." ~Prof. A

 It was just 2 days ago he mention that.
     Yeah, that’s right. We did a LOT of reflection on ourselves, situation and I started to learn on becoming a critical thinker.  I know I’m not perfect and can’t be one, but it’s enough for me if I can DO SOMETHING GOOD. If you loved, you’ll be loved- sooner or later.
     To be honest, this field was my ambition since childhood. Not because I was interested in it, but for the sake of having an ambition. And my heart never meant for it. In fact, it was out of my expectation to be where I am now.  Just because everyone had an ambition- I too, had to choose one.
     I realized, that sometimes( please, not every time) it’s okay to go on other extraordinary path in making choice because with it you can learn how to cope with it. We need some heat to actually learn how to cope with it. And when the worst case scenario happens to you, that’s not the end of everything. It gives you chance to start as fresh and know what will work and what’s not.  
     Well, this is quite a lengthy entry for me, and very random and not nice to be read.
Last scene of Ma Jun and YiKyung in Baking Kim Tak Goo that captured my eyes. MaJun took Yikyung for a picnic, just two of them and enjoying the bread that he specially created for her. OK, just random caps anyway!


Comments

Popular Posts