1 Litre of Tears

“I recognize how I am right now, and I will continue to live on.
Therefore I definitely won't run away.
That's what I’ll do. Definitely, always.”



     This beautifully moving drama is based on the real-life struggles of a 15-year-old girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease, but lived life to the fullest until her death at 25. The script is based on the diary Aya kept writing until she could no longer hold a pen.[Wikipedia]


     This drama was produced in 2005 and just only 3 days ago, means after 6 years it has been released I finally made an effort to watch it. Err, I heard a lot people talked about this drama. Suddenly because of excessive boredom and my housemates' influence, I managed to watch it. I think this is the drama that everyone needs to watch once in a lifetime. It’s inspirational and beautiful. It’s all about valuing your life and keeping the strength to live on even though the worst thing is coming right in front of you. 


     It’s a teary drama, yeah. I’d even cried when I watched the first episode. The story is just simple but it can make you cry a river though. So, please be prepared with a lot of boxes of tissue if you're a first timer. Hah. Okay I would like to share some of my thoughts. 


     Aya was just a simple 15 year-old girl who did well in academic and sports but later was diagnosed with spinocerebellar degeneration that would change the rest of her life. At this point, I realized that any illness can happen to everyone. 

This disease, why did it choose me?
Fate. It can't be put into words.”


     Well, whatever it is, I respect Aya for having such a determination to continue to live on and smile to the world even her heart aches. Duh, I might lose myself if I were on her shoes.   


“So what if i fall? All I have to do is get back up again! 
People shouldn’t dwell on the past. 
It's enough to try your best in all that you're doing now.”


     Every words is inspiring yet very touching. I really love this drama. When I’m losing hope and about to give up, I can be aware that there are someone who really unlucky not to be able to fulfill his their dream, and can’t even be able to be heard by others. That made me think that I’m so lucky to be where I’ve been - still alive and healthy. 


In the end, she is amazing!



Comments

Popular Posts