Why need to reflect?

and I can't see you right now
'cause my heart just can't take it
can't be near you right now
'cause I know you're no longer mine
I can't see you right know
'cause my heart just can't fake it
can't be near you right now
cause I know you're no longer mine
and I can't see you
oh I can't see you
I just can't see you right now

~Love’s to Blame, Joel & Luke~



     There’s nothing can be done. This song gets stuck in my head and I just can’t do anything about it. Suddenly, my momentum to blog went down and that’s why I abandoned this site for a while. I was back and in my place and tried to gather strength to blog again. Without realizing it, I got some kind of satisfaction in my mind whenever I wrote something.
      This current posting is coming to the end this week and we’re asked to write a written reflective writing about what we’ve gained through our journey. Well, WRITTEN. And, why need to reflect? Why is it so important since I’m pretty sure that not all of us will write the truth? Why to bother to ask to do a reflection even if it is obvious that most of students will just narrate a wonderful story to make everything seems so lively? And how the lecturers are going to give marks since nothing remarkable happened and the story was so dull and uninteresting? 



      I’ve come to realize that the reflection is not meant for marks and the entire thing like that. It is for us- ourselves. It’s the basic human need.  Reflection is not necessarily to be written but it’ll come to your mind spontaneously when you observed or experienced certain events. So, is it important then? Having reflected on the things that you’ve done definitely will make you a better person and guide you in the future. It’s more toward the feeling and the action. Probably, the lecturers die-hard want us to do written reflection just to make us familiarized to have feeling, thoughts and finally be a critical thinker. Perhaps, yeah! 


** And please reflect whether this post worth to be read or not, since it’s just my random, immature thoughts!

Comments

Popular Posts