Brain- an overall review

Brain, the casts

        Brain probably one of the dramas that got least promotion in my point of view. I myself never thought that I would watch this drama. I watch it just by chance on KBS world where Brain was aired about 2 weeks later from the actual airing time in Korea. None of the face in this series that I knew of but due to not-too-bad story line, I decided to watch it from the very first episode. This is second Korean-medical drama that I watched after Obstetrics and Gynaecology Doctors last 2 years.  Honestly, I’m glad that I watched this series because it impressed me very well and I have no regrets after finishing 20 episodes of this series.  

        Brain is about the story of a group of neurosurgeons in a well-known teaching hospital in Korea. Simple, it’s just about their life, their competition to be the best, doctor-patient relationship, love life, friendship and family of the neurosurgeons. The main lead, Lee Ganghun( played by Shin Hakyun) is an arrogant, but a very excellent and talented neurosurgeon and later encountering a lot of events that finally change him to a better person as well as a better doctor. 

I’ve never seen Shin Hakyun in any drama before and once I looked at his acting, I know already that he is such a great actor. He immersed with Lee Ganghun and he can really act even with only his two eyes. No wonder, he won Daesang at 2011 KBS Drama Award for that role. 
Shin Hakyun at KBS Drama Award

        Character wise, I also like Kim Sangcheol ( Lee Ganghun’s mentor played by Jung Jinyoung ) character. In my point of view he is so professional and have a really good bedside manner with his patient. For me, he is the complete opposite to Lee Ganghun in approaching a patient. Especially in a surgical case whereby there were a lot of risk posed to the patient and the patient need to understand every single detail so that he/she will be prepared for any complications. I adore his communication skills though. 


Other characters were just so-so for me but they’re not disappointing and really put on great performance. I believe that the production cast really did an excellent job because in a medical drama, the hardest thing is to make scene lively and as logical as possible. 

        Overall, I loved Brain for its complexity just like the human thinking brain but it’s not  too complex and have a simple but a cute love story.  
         Sure, this excellent job would be my favorite medical korean drama so far. Look forward for a better medical drama in future!

Comments

Popular Posts