Am I left behind?


        Eventhough I never think that I was left behind sometimes the question just came across my mind incidentally. There are some qualities made me think I am ahead of others but well, sometimes human just don’t satisfy with what they’ve got right? A few days ago, when I was buying my lunch at the cafe nearby the place where I’m studying there’s a beautiful, tall girl approach me and call my name. Err, seriously I was blank and my memory couldn’t recall who she was. " Was she my classmate in primary or secondary school?"  I was so confused that time. Then she mentioned her name and I remembered it. Yep, I’ve to admit that my brain easily forgot a person's face especially when I haven’t met her for a very long time- almost 10 years I guessed. We’re classmate in primary school and I wondered why did she recognized me for I was pretty sure that I wasn’t well-known when I was in school( and even now...) Eventhough I saw her photos on facebook and we’re facebook friends, it’s really hard for me to recognize a person. Hurmm..well that’s not the real issue. 


        The issue was that, she’s posted here to work. Huh, and I’m still here struggling to pass my exams as a student. At the age of 22, she managed to have a stable job after getting her diploma. What about my future? Still not too promising right?  I’ve 2 years more to struggle if I managed to pass this year plus 2 more years of internship after graduating. Ermm....and even one of my BFF will graduate and having her first degree next year. 


        Why did I choose this field? The reason behind it made me feel really good and boost my motivation to keep going on. The hardship for me to study will be paid off when I was able to achieve my goal someday. This is just a journey with a lot of beautiful things and by right I can learn and discover a new world in somewhat different perspective. This is the way that I’ve chosen and wanted. Probably that’s the reason why did I blog also- to sometimes escape with my boring life as a student filled with facts and nerds look-a-like. But, I’m happy! I’m grateful for being what I’ve became today. No regrets, just full of hope and dream to fly high up in the sky..oh no, this is not another dream high -just a little bit of words play..err metaphors, simile, personification or just a mere broken English? Haha!

 JB from Dream High 2, not to be confused with Justin Bieber anyway!


        Back to the question, am I left behind? Definitely not. That’s my self-perception and I believe in it.


“A real great achievement is not measured by how fast you get there, but it’s alongside the journey that you encounter knowledge making you a better person” 
  ~ quote by myself
  
And my goal is not the score but the game, not the destination but the journey!

Comments

Popular Posts