Queen In-hyeon’s Man Obsession



       Okay, I actually wanted to write final thought on this drama after it ended soon but I just can’t restrain myself any longer to write about this drama. Queen In-hyun’s Man is almost perfect drama for me so far, though I still love and keep on watching the currently airing King 2 Hearts as well as Rooftop Prince.

“Humans might plan, but The God decides how things turn out”
Kim Boong-do

       Yeah, Boong-do ajusshi, you got it right! So, let’s go deeper. It has great cinematography that really amazed me all the time. At first, I thought Queen In-hyun’s Man would be just another Rooftop Prince but believe me; it totally has its own unique features. 

       First of all, I like Ji Hyun-woo portrayal of Kim Boong-do so it fits him perfectly. Kim Boong-do is a really smart scholar, from 300 years ago in Joseon. And the writer showed it to the audience that he is really smart through his actions and how he discovered things. He’s rational in his actions and anyone would fall for him because he is not the typical bad-arrogant-hero of koreandramaland. He is a very nice person and wished to learn and find his own way without too much help from the girl. Seeing Ji Hyun-woo as Kim Boong-do feels really different because I had watched his previous drama like Invicible Lee Pyung-kang and Birth of  The Rich Man. And I would say, Kim Boong-do is best character for him and fair enough, he can really act well.


     
      The girl, Choi Hee-jin played by Yoon Ina is so bubbly, fresh, kind and beautiful. I first saw her in The Greatest Love and I’m glad that I see her again in this drama as totally a different character. She’s not a bad girl either. She’s open-minded that she dared to confess to public that Kim Boong-do is her boyfriend realizing that she is an actress. Yet she’s not the kind of girl just waiting for her soul mate to come. She showed him first about her feeling, I guess (well, the elevator scene)!

      And this drama is like a story of two nice people meets each other, like and respects each other. It’s kind of sweet and refreshing that the OTP is not like other typical fight-then-love couple. They actually like each other at the first time and they really respect each other. For years, we’ve been spoon-fed with typical couple style that sometimes when something different being introduced, the effect will be so fantastic and people surely will love it. Other than the main lead, the story of the supporting cast are also amazing. I really love Han Dong-min as well as Hee-jin’s manager. Their stories are pretty amusing too in fact that Han Dong-min is Hee-jin ex-boyfriend Hallyu star. Not to be forgotten, Yunwol the gisaeng from Joseon is pretty nice also. 

       The scene from Joseon era and modern era are engaging and both are interesting.Watching this gave me the feeling of  watching both historical drama and modern drama.I like how the writer put the things together, to make magic and logic come together. Using the talisman as time travel machine is surely illogical but adding the cause + effect theory makes it believable that for every action, there must be the consequences. With the talisman, Kim Boong-do took actions to turn-the-table and become an active hero. He can just stuck in the modern era, but he discovered the way to go back and forth, make changes which are more meaningful in a greater extend,well to be compared to Operation Proposal. ( No offence, I like Operation Proposal so much too). Kim Boong-do action was genius.And in this drama, the OTP is separated by the time, which is more torturing than the parental disapproval okay!



     The OSTs, oh they’re freaking amazing like they were made special for the drama, especially the song “Same Sky, Different Time” and I’m addicted to it right now. All other OSTs like “I’m Coming to See You” , “ You Come” and “Just Once”  are great too!



     Okay, maybe I should stop now otherwise, there’ll be lack of idea to write on the final thoughts soon after it wrap up. So since King 2 Hearts, Rooftop Prince and Equator Man will having it’s finishing touch this week, I’ll write my final thought on them later on after watching their final episodes. 

And this is the spoiler for episode 11 I guess..Haha!


Till then, bye-bye!

Comments

Popular Posts