My Last Take on Queen In-Hyeon’s Man



Love that transcends time 

For only those who watch this drama would understand the meaning of this entry...agrhh…okay, this is a fantasy love story!


       Finally, after the eagerly long wait, the English subtitles for the last 2 episodes were out. I’m glad and thankful to the Darksmurf subbing team for us, non-korean viewer to enjoy the show. The matter for us to wait it’s nothing compared to you guys who tried to sub this drama. I’m aware your life is the top priority compared to drama addiction- your hard works are really appreciated!


      So, this would be my last post regarding Queen In-Hyeon’s Man since this is my final thoughts about this drama. I will probably mention it again in all-year review but it’ll be in December, right? Still, a long way to go!


       PERFECT! That’s the only word to describe it. It’s full with AWESOMENESS, great CHEMISTRY, OUTSTANDING directing, THE BEST writing, HEARTWARMING cinematography….and a lot more. Sorry, I’m not good with words!Everything about this show is PERFECT. I’ve never come across such a great drama so far that really made me smile to ears then cry a river. This drama really gives me symptoms of bipolar disorder. Sometimes the mood is set too high and sometimes the mood getting low. Gah, I would dare to say this one could the best dramas of 2012, since it’s halfway of 2012 already. And I won’t be able to look at other Korean drama the same way again. Blame Queen In-Hyeon’s Man for that! Hahaha, I’m just kidding. But it’s the fact that this drama set the bar too high for other drama to be compared with. I feel like it’s incomparable.


       I read somewhere that some people don’t get/dislike the ending. Why? I think that’s the perfect ending the writer could think of. I sincerely think that the writer-nim is a genius, pulling something really extraordinary, pushing the character to a great extreme, but then finally you can solve it! It’s AMAZING! Welldone, show.  



         
      The final answer; is THE PHONE! She called is the cause, and he came is the effect. You’re daebak writer- nim. We can see from the earlier episodes where the phone plays crucial role in the character’s development, just like the talisman that enable Kim Boong-do travelled 300 times the phone did the same. 


         Through the phone, Choi Hee-jin knows Kim Boong-do is alive (the Jeju’s episode) and also through phone, Kim Boong-do mentions to take responsibilities on Hee-jin, through phone again the taxi ahjussi can call Hee-jin  then Boong-do was saved! Well, I can’t mention all the scenes with the phone since there’re so many of them. And finally through the phone too, Boong-do brings the sexy back…opps, I mean Boong-do come back to Hee-jin. Don’t you think it’s well written and sweet too? That’s what I like about this drama. It triggers my brain to think, to solve those scattered pieces nicely. Yeah, it’s not really scattered since its well placed but it require some sort of thinking, maybe? Yeah! The talisman can only save Boong-do from dying/getting hurt but the phone obviously can do the same. 

"For every cause, there's definite effect" 

But before that, there's a lot of suffering he had to go trough after messing with the time and death. Hurmmm...poor Boong-do and Hee-jin.
     


         Where do I left just now? Oh, phone. What’s the purpose of Boong-do’s phone that Hee-jin buys for him? To bring Boong-do stays closer to her. Yeah! Well, if you say purpose of phone to kiss, it’ll be weird right? It’s okay with car, necktie and pasta but for the phone…ermm..let me think about it. I can’t sort the pieces together yet. 


         
        Like I posted before, character-wise I like all the characters in the drama. Well, Kim Boong-do; I realized that he’s too good to be true. But for the last episodes, I keep looking as if Boong-do and Ji Hyeon-woo as the same person. Maybe because of his bold love confession, I see Ji Hyeon-woo in Boong-do especially the auditorium scene. Maybe I’m delusional but really……ermm no idea already. Nope, this post should be about the drama right? Awww…Sorry, it’s my fault.

Boong-do: There's one thing that hasn't change.
Hee-jin: What is it?
Boong-do: Saranghae ( I love you)

          Kim Boong-do, what’s make him so special? Just because he’s SMART. He’s so observant enough and that’s why he can pick-up things so quicky. He’s damn perfect but I realize that Kim Boong-do is too good to be true. Probably he’s the best time-traveller hero that I can mention it here.( Lee Gak, Dr Jin and Hwang Baek-ho, what do you think about them? ) Who says nerdy can’t be cool? Kim Boong-do showed he can be so cool. Plus, he can be a player too!  Hahaha...Well, Ji Hyeon-woo's portrayal of Kim Boong-do is totally amazing and I would say this is his best role in drama. I watched Invicible Lee Pyung Kang and Becoming A Billionaire and he was good in those drama, but here he’s DAMN GOOD!  Anyway, this is the first role that he chose for himself, right? When you really want it, it shows with the excellent performance. 


          As for Choi Hee-jin, I REALLY like her. The Most Beautiful Woman on The World really suit her. I never thought Yoo In-na  could be this GOOD. I recognized her in Best Love and she did fine job in that, and as I looked back, she’s Gil Ra-im’s friend in Secret Garden. How come I didn’t notice her? Because of Queen In-hyeon’s Man , I started to like her SO MUCH. This is her first leading role afterall and I believe she’ll  shine brightly in the future. Please, I wanna see you again as the leading lady. I really look forward for that!

       
        Soo-kyung, Hee-jin’s manager. Hahaha...I keep laughing at her when Boong-do can read her thoughts like a book. Han Dong-min is a childish, but very cute. I like him at the beginning but I had to dislike him since the scene when he sprayed the water to Hee-jin. But I don’t hate him. Well, that’s his character to act immaturely like a kid. I don’t blame him. 


        The most memorable scene for me, definitely that damn love letter. Even when watching raw, I cried and with the subs, I sobbed non-stop. So cruel! I had to keep myself well hydrated, drink plenty of water to compensate it!

“This is letter written both to me and you. I may forget that I even wrote this letter, or this letter itself might disappear. This letter is for me and you, either one of us who may live on holding onto memories. When I obtained this amulet by chance, I wanted to know what the cause and effect/reason was. First, I thought the reason was so that I would be able to fulfill my dream. Then I thought perhaps the reason was our fateful meeting. Then I thought it must be for me to live in a new world. But now I have finally realized the real cause and effect. In order to save my own life, I would have to lose everything. My future, my name, my values… my people…and also you. In order to save my own life, I must lose everything…it is probably the most logical end. I was foolish to think I could at least have one thing. How much must I lose in order to repay the debt of my life? Never being able to see you again? I have realized even that is a luxury. My final wish is to be able to remember you. To not have even those memories in an aimless life will be hell. And you…you…even if you read this letter in the future, I hope you won’t know who it is for.”

Credits to Joonni


What’s good about the drama? It’s the line. I LOVE IT. It make the drama taste so sweet. The drama looks so romantic not because the OTP kissing/hugging each other,but because of the words. Everything comes out from OTP, especially Kim Boong-do is so sweet and able to make everyone’s heart flutter. 

I can do it...I will return

       Because of QIHM, I see things differently from now on. Don’t judge book by it’ cover! The first episode not really fit well with me at first, but damn… it’s getting good and poof…it’s perfect right to the end. I’m glad I didn’t miss this drama. Also I started to think of Boong-do’s sexyback whenever I looked at people back. Also, I started to hate cotton candies, being jealous of the horse, blushing whenever I see sunflower...etc There’s o much things has been discussed in the soompi thread, and I keep LOLing knowing that there’re people who had the same feeling like me. Hmmm.... Am I going nut? Help me, please!  




     This drama also taught me not to skip when watching, yeah except for the commercials....because everything is crucial and inter-related. Obviously, there’s no “unnecessary scene” in this drama..ermm except for lovey-dovey scene in 12th episodes? Hey, that’s good to watch too, anyway. 



         When did I felt depressed at most watching the drama? Gah, definitely those commercials…huh, I’m dying over here and you’re either rolling on bed or drinking a cup of coffee? But, it certainly gave me time to sort things out and calm myself. Sorry, I didn’t mean to blame you commercials! I should probably blame the writer/director/editor ( QIHM team) for making such a PERFECT drama. Blame them, seriously? No, I won’t – instead of blaming, I’m glad to know that there’s such a BEAUTIFUL drama ever being produced.



      Since none of my colleagues watching this drama, I had no friend to share my love about this drama. But thanks to Soompi thread that help me so much knowing there’re still a lot of people love this drama so much just like I do. Also, thanks to Joonni whom spoon-fed me with the bestest recaps on Earth. So as dramabeans. Go girls, you’re totally awesome. Plus, thanks to Eberwertas @ Medium Quality as well as the DSS subbing team. With you guys, I can enjoy my stay with QIHM so much in this short period of time. Eventhough I don’t know you guys in person, I guess we’re all the bestest QIHM supporters! 

 how can sweaty Boong-do looks so hot?



We can’t say goodbye by kissing anyone, anytime right?  SO, virtual hugs, everyone! Till then, anyeong!

   
Let's enjoy the video from Joonni, that captures the beauty of this drama. it fits perfectly. 



p/s: I don’t think I would be able to write this long again. This is lengthy for me. Chinca! And I never write so much in my English essays during my old school days! Huh. Sorry, for my bad English...

I love it when Boong-do says, " Ottoke?"

Comments

Sunz Suniza said…
I agree with you..This is definitely the most heartbreaking drama I ever watched! Kim Boong Do is really too good to be true..:) Its perfect..and..I like your review..its 100% true about this series..
Unknown said…
YES! I ALSO Love thia kdrama.. its my first time to cry for this kdrama. LOL. KIMBOONG DO is verh handsome! :) i hope there will be part two.. ♥

Popular Posts