Something BIG!

          
          Since Queen In-hyeon’s Man definitely will draw the curtain this week, I have to root for another series; otherwise I’ll keep re-watching it until my laptop crash. LOL! (I'm laughing too much, that I'm afraid I'll be having a manic episode!)



       I first watched BIG with no big expectation eventhough I like Lee Min-jung a lot. I love her since Smile,You days and I’m anticipated to watch her again. Well, eventhough Midas was quite disappointing for me. And Gong-yoo, err I don’t like him that much but I’m aware he’s a good actor, you know in Coffee Prince, he did a fantastic job. Ha! Plus we have an idol turn actor, Miss A’s Suzy. I love her in Dream High, and definitely- I want to see more from her. 
  

            Big began with introduction’s of Gil Da-ran( Lee Min-jung), a quite clumsy girl but she then managed to meet her future husband during her friend’s wedding, Seo Yoon-jae( Gong-yoo) who is a doctor. And Gil Da-ran finally passed the exam an become an intern in a high school  where she meets Kang Kyung-joon(Shin Won-ho) who happen to be the new transfer student from The States. Damn, who’s Shin Won-ho? Damn it, I love him. It just takes a few seconds for this noona to like you. Am I over exaggerating? Nope, he’s good. Haha, plus the good look serves such a very good eye candy! Yay! And for Suzy, since she doesn’t appear yet, I don’t know what her character would be. I’m waiting silently for her to come out. Huh!

 Kang Kyung-joon

 Seo Yoon-jae

 Gil Da-ran

           Well, the real drama arises when Seo Yoon-jae and Kang Kyung-joon involved in a car accident. Both of them fall into the water and as Seo Yoon-jae wakes up, we know already he’s not the real Seo Yoon-jae, it’s definitely Kang Kyung-joon. It’s Kang Kyung-joon in Seo Yoon-jae’s body. Well, swapping bodies again, err…Secret Garden? Since I don’t like Secret Garden so much, I have a lot of doubts in my mind. Will I like this drama? Ermm..let’s see…



          Uh-oh, I like Kang’s trademark! Anyway, I like his character over Seo Yoon-jae. Seo Yoon-jae seems so stiff and nerd for me. By the way, Kang Kyung-joon is quite rebellious but, he’s still a 18 year-old kid. Huh, it tortured me since I like him to team-up with Gil Da-ran. Gil Da-ran is quite clumsy for me, but it’s pretty much acceptable just like other heroine of Hong Sister’s drama( Go Mi-nam is an example).


        The fact that they swapped the body is not funny eventhough it does seem funny. I doubt what will happen next. Will Kang Kyung-joon’s body/Yoon-jae’s soul able to wake up? And what was really the mechanism of the swapping itself? Is it just the miracle of the 2 angles in the photos or, is it FATE or is it Yoon-jae’s giving up his life to save Kyung-joon since he’s a doctor?  Well, I’ve seen it in Secret Garden and I hope that the explanation in this drama would have something extraordinary. 

 
         I like this drama, the characters and the plotline but there’s one thing that made me think there’s something wrong. I see Kang is not too childish when I first see him, but after the swapping body thing, I think he gets more childish. Or maybe I’ve just seen it wrongly but I don’t think Kang is that childish. He’s quite mature in a way that he was able to live by himself eventhough we know that he’s a lonely guy. And with the body swapping, he gets lonelier I guess but wait…he has Gil Da-ran and the family right? Eventhough people might look at him as Seo Yoon-jae who’s just lost his mind! Plus, we get to see Gong-yoo’s chocolate abs, which is quite awesome isn’t it? Haha…



            Well, one question comes to my mind which at the end, who’s the person Da-ran really love? If it’s Kyung-joon, it’ll be really hard for them (yeah, Kim Ha-neul and Kim Jae-won in Romance). But if it’s Yoon-jae, things will be hard also with the fact that à no reason, I just think that nerdy don’t get along well with clumsy school teacher Gil Da-ran. Haha..no offense. What about Kyung-joon? Will he develop feeling for Gil Da-ran as she sees him as her fiancée? I don’t want to confuse myself right now since it’s the writer job to sort things out. I’m right here waiting to critically express my opinion. 




        Till then, let us watch BIG together and let’s see whether it’ll continue to mesmerize us with a lot of twist and turn. Anyeong!


p/s: soulsrebel and dramabeans wrote and awesome recaps on the first 2 episodes. Check them out!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Kang kyung joon is a beatiful boy i want is he was my boyfriend

Popular Posts