Gaksital, the final thoughts




Huh...(wiping tears)as I watched the finale of Gaksital...it hurts me badly. Sure enough I was sad that I won’t be able to see it again but I was glad that Gaksital in another point of view becoming a nation’s drama. It’s hard to achieve those but Gaksital amazingly did well on that part. I was kind of hoping that there would be a local drama that shares the similar emotional tone like Gaksital. But, hope is just a hope. No offense. 


I really love the ending. At least for me, Gaksital hasn’t yet ended; it’s just the beginning of the reformation. I like it. It gives hope, unity to cherish and protect the land. What else’s is more amazing than this? Eventhough it doesn’t end with a what not huge victory but I can still smell the unity and the uprising of the people to protect their homeland. Previously we saw the man behind the mask fighting the battle alone, but now everyone is Gaksital, including the women, children and the elderly. This is so amazing to see everyone dares to fight with sense of patriotism. That’s the ‘thing’ that Gaksital instilled in the heart of the people. 



I like Kang-to’s last scene with Shunji. It’s heartbreaking at the same time.  Uh-oh!


Even this classic teapot scene was amazing for me...



Kang-to: Let's finish this battle. 
 


Every scene captures the emotion, whoever holds the camera would really a talented person. Or maybe it’s the director-nim who set up the angle...well I don’t know much how people do drama though. Really, team Gaksital did an outstanding job in every part. From the setting, costumes and those entire little things, I’m pretty sure that it was done with a lot of passion. 



It’s not the time to look at the flaws. There’re certain scenes that we could see it’s the stunt double doing the action thingy. Well, I guess it’s pretty much tolerable since we’re all aware that for actor to do it all. It would be tiring. For Joowon and Shin Hyeon Jun to act behind the mask, it must be hard on them. Kudos for being such dedicated actors. 




 
 “One layer of an egg’s shell, cast against a stone will surely break. But no matter how strong a stone, it is dead. And no matter how weak an egg, it is alive. When time passes a stone will crumble into dirt. But someday there is a chick who will hatch from that egg and walk upon that dirt.” 
Damsari

 
It got me thinking that it’s the path that you’ve chosen determine how you’ll become in the future. Shunji who used to be a very gentle soul turn into villain so quickly and I wondered when had the child who sold his father ‘s sword to save granny from dying gone to? Poor Shunji. 



War, it’s something inevitable in this drama. When Ueno said that the war is the begining that lead to  a ‘great history’ I personally agreed with Kang-to to say that it’s a ridiculous thought. Because of the war, the people from each side lost their loved ones. Shunji lost his hyeong and father so as Kang-to who lost more, his family and Mok Dan. Huh, I wasn’t trying to explore how that war had actually begun but I think it’s just the matter of serving for the country. Shunji served for his country and later so as Lee Kang-to. It’s just that they work on the different perspective of justice and goals. 


“Maybe from the beginning, you and I weren’t meant to be friends”
  
 
The history is something good to be leanrt. People learn from mistakes anyway. To sum up a very intense 28 episodes of Gaksital is impossible for me. Without realizing it, I spent almost 4 months being so close to this drama, mostly during my mealtime. (Eating while watching a drama is inevitable, eh?)  I felt terrible to say goodbye to Gaksital !And I’m pretty much aware that withdrawal is far worse than addiction. But thankfully there’s Answer to 1997 and the others that could possibly cater with my withdrawal period. But I guess this is the perfect time that I need to say goodbye to Gaksital. Farewell and live well, everyone. 


The images that I attached along this post has nothing to do with the finale stuffs or Gaksital as a whole, but they're just a collection of splendid shots from this drama. I've mentioned earlier that I love the angle so much, but for me the most magnificent scene goes to this shot below. What do you think?


Till then, anyeong!

 

Comments

Popular Posts