Haeundae Lovers totally cracks me up!




Sooo good! This drama starts off with hilarious action, but I’m pretty sure I’ll need a box of tissue later on. For me, Haeundae Lover aired at the right time. It’s good sometime to escape myself from very intense drama like Gaksital that made my heart races every time I watch it. But I still love both, though. I can laugh out loud while watching Haeundae Lovers without thinking about anything else. 


Well, Haeundae Lovers is a one of a kind romantic comedy drama that offers you  very  kdrama type of plotline. Hahaha...you’ll get memory loss, mistaken identity, fake marriage, lost long sibling, birth secrets, love triangles, step-sibling  and all typical kdrama-like in one drama. Anyway, no makjang  I guess..hahaha.

  This shot is pretty awesome, isn't it?

 Writer-nim, I bet you must love drama a lot, and that’s why you came with the idea of putting everything together. But this drama won’t make your heart aching so much; instead it’s a kind of therapy to help you to laugh. It’s a drama that you’ll never know how it’s going to later on. Even watching the trailer, huh I got nothing about the characters or the plot.

Go Sora


For the casting, I love the chemistry between the main lead. Kim Kang-woo and Jo Yeo-jung is totally adorable. Well, let me brief a little bit about this drama. So, we have Go Sora ( Jo Yeo-jung)who  is a daughter of former mob-boss, but since 10 years ago their gang dissolved and now they’re running Uncle’s Fishery- fishing and selling fishes at Busan. Haeudae Hotel used to be owned by Sora’s family but due to somewhat reason they lost their hotel and Sora’s father regressed to kid-like state after being hit on the head.  And Haeundae Hotel ruled by their family enemy. Sora’s family includes his father, his younger sister and three devoted so-called uncles, Lee Soon-shim, Hello Kitty Uncle and Maknae Lee Dong-baek. 

 Sora's family

Lee Tae-sung/ Nam Hae

Prosecutor Lee Tae-sung is an elite prosecutor, married to Se-na ( Nam Gyu-ri). He was brought up by adopted family. Well, I don’t know much about him but for sure, he was too obsessed with his work as if he abandoned his newly-wed wife to complete his mission. He met with Sora while on undercover during his mission at a nightclub in Seoul, with a thought that Sora was related to the drug dealer. He followed Sora’s way up to Busan and went undercover to infiltrate Sora’s  family as Nam Hae, a body builder that came to Busan looking for job. But then, he got into accident and loss his memory. For his family, he was thought to be dead in a car accident where his ID’s being found and the body was severely burnt. Well, I personally felt bad for his wife, Se-na. 


 Nam Gyu-ri as Se-na

Choi Joon-hyuk

On top of that, we also have yeaaaaa....Jung Suk-won. I knew him well in Ojakgyo Brothers and Rofftop Prince and I hope his character had more layers in this drama. So, he played as Choi Joon-hyuk, the new vice president of Haeundae Hotel who was brought up in US. He’s quite mysterious but later it was revealed that Sora’s birth mother is his step mother. Wanna know more? Err..you gotta watch the show. 


 Nam Hae : Who are you?

 When Nam Hae woke up at the hospital after the accident, firstly he said “Who are you?” and the background music of Winter Sonata came out from nowhere. That was totally hilarious! And I don’t bluff. I laughed so much watching this series. And I like it. 



“I only watch morning dramas, Monday-Thursday dramas, weekly evening dramas, and weekend dramas. And I still haven’t watched the ones I downloaded yet!”

~Hello Kitty Uncle, Haeundae Lovers ~

                Hello Kitty Uncle, you got it right. We’re on the same side. Writer-nim is truly drama-lover, eh? Haha..daebak!



Till then, anyeong!



Comments

Popular Posts