Final Journey with The Innocent Man









          Without realizing it, I spend 2 months ++ of my time thinking about Nice Guy, wondering how it’ll end until my head was about to burst - well, those words are just hyperbolas . Throughout these 10 weeks of long journey I realized that I shouldn’t be so crazy over a drama. It’ll end, definitely and another will come. Maybe the American Psychiatric Association should consider another new diagnosis, namely Drama Addiction Disorder. Well, quite cool huh?  I’m aware that they’re considering adding up Internet Addiction Disorder as a new diagnosis but the drama addiction thingy would possibly be considered as well. Who knows? 




Last week, I was hibernating at in my small hometown, shutting off all my connections to my studies and of course the internet as well. I just want to ease my mind and spend the quality times with my family. At least, that’s the thing I wished for. You’ll never know when you’ll be able to meet them again. Life is just unpredictable and time is not the luxury that I have. Really? 




 

Despite that, I still managed to sneak out (like this ) and write my love and addiction towards my favourite drama. Hurmm...refraining oneself from doing things that one’s used to is really hard- am I right? So then I watched the last two episodes of Nice Guy today.  And it was good, watching 2 hours ++  non-stop, it’s fantastic. Huh. 





The final episode set up a slight hope with the opening credits where Kang Maru who shedded tears for the past 19 episodes, came out with a smile on his face and even the watch that he hold, moving forward with normal speed. So, that time I sensed a happy ending and even it’s not, it symbolized that Maru and the other characters will definitely move forward and will not reminiscing about past. And that was true. I loved how Nice Guy ended with a happier tone even better than what I’d imagined. 



Han Jaehee and Ahn Minyoung finally got what they deserve, yeah not to mention all sorts of crime that they’ve done. Once again I loved how Jaehee turned herself in, in her own- not because someone forces her to do so or because she’s in the dead end. But because she felt remorseful and finally realized that she did wrong. That’s what I hope for any evil character in a drama, to finally able to be forgiven. Though I didn’t know Ahn’s reason for turning in I’m pretty sure that it’s because of his love to Jaehee. Poor guy, Jaehee never love you from the start but I’m glad to see him didn’t go to Jaehee when he was released. You may need a break for a while to start a fresh. 






Well, we don’t really know what had happened to Lawyer Park Joonha after he woke up, but I’m glad to see that he’s perfectly fine 7 years later. For Han Jaeshik, the evil brother has come clean a live a normal life by selling fried chicken and in love with Eungi’s secretary- Hyun Ahjeong. I was so thankful to Choco, because of her seaweed soup, Jaeshik couldn’t afford to kill Maru. This is when  Choco’s kindness and pure heart  broke the evil side of Jaeshik perfectly portrayed. It was simple but quite meaningful anyway. For Choco to be married to Jaegil, I was expecting that right from the beginning. This two are just adorable to be together. I was also hoping that Choco would be a popular kpop stars but yeah...it’s better for her to just have a lovely family with Jaegil with a cute little daughter. 






Maru, was he a nice guy? Ermmm...I don’t know. For Maru and Eungi....well, my vocab is quite limited to describe how I felt about them. It’s amazing to see how Maru’s prayer was answered and he could say it aloud, not in the next life but in present time. At a split moment I really thought Maru would die after being stabbed but I was optimistic that even if he died, it could provide a good ending too. He’ll got what he wished for, a long time ago when he was in the tunnel. I’ll accept that if that’s the ending writer nim will give me. But then, the tables turned and we could see Maru finally became a doctor. For Eungi, I was happy that she can have a happy life with Maru despite Maru’s suffering from prosopagnosia. ( seriously I need to know more about this illness!) But in the end, it’s 100 percent sure that Maru definitely could recognize Eungi. Don’t you think so? It’s the same ring he bought to propose Eungi back then, right?







Nice Guy is another drama that emphasizes on the consequences of series of bad decision made by the main leads. Yeah, sure for Maru’s to take the blame for Jaehee’s crime is something really not good to do. But then Maru realized that it’s not love, it’s just a childish act to show that you love a person badly. For whatever you did, be prepared to face the consequences. When you repented, for whatever crime it is, you’ll definitely feel at ease. 





Oh, before I’d forgotten, the production team really did and awesome job. From the script, directing, cinematography, costume and EVERYTHING..it’s really AWESOME. 




With that, the journey of Nice Guy had finally ended and till then, goodbye and let us become a nice / better person but I definitely don’t want to be involved with any person like Nice Guy’s character in real life, except for Jaegil...wanna know why? Haha..let it be secret then. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts