School 2013: Reflection & Redemption




Despite my so-called hectic schedule, I found my way to watch the finale of School 2013. And throughout the 16-episode ride, it was a good one, awesome ride. It’s one of a kind drama, yeah for example we can see how typical school drama propelled the story but this drama was quite atypical. It doesn’t even need the ‘love-story’ between the students to drive the tension. Friendship and responsibilities are the actual value that drived the story forward, and looking back, it’s what the school suppose to be-to build self conscience among the student about the responsibilities. 


 
It might be then become a drama that tends to be forgotten, but for me it’ll stay deep there. School 2013 dared to explore everyone characters, their mistakes and the consequences. It provided some sort of redemption for example clearly in Nam-soon whereby we saw clearly his past mistakes. Then it’s Jung-ho, the rebellious and to look at him closely he’s not actually a very bad kid. I also love the fact that the teachers wanted the student to think for themselves, and reflect on their mistakes. When I was in school, I wasn’t thought like this, if you’re wrong, you’ll be punished, full stop. No one taught us to reflect but as I grew older I realized how importance the reflection would be. Knowing our own mistakes, realized it and doing something to correct it. School can give you the knowledge but not the wisdom. Am I right?

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
- Confucius


And, I don’t think I can write a lengthy post this time. To conclude this drama in a post is just impossible. You have to see it for yourself and immerse in the reality that this drama brought about. Till then, peace upon y’all!


Comments

Popular Posts