Political Vibe in All About My Romance



Peace be upon you. 


What a long break. I decided to watch All About My Romance after googling it in the sea of kdramaweb and get to know that Mr Shin Ha-kyun is in it. And I expected it to be an awesome drama. Well, I was impressed with his acting in Brain as arrogant neurosurgeon and this time he’s back as a wacky politician, Kim So-young from Great Korea Party. Hrmm, at first I was curious. But when I watched it, huh he’s just amazing. Just give him anything and he’ll nail it. Hah! 


Furthermore, we have Lee Min-jung as the opposition representative, Miss Noh Min-young from Green Justice Party. I was quite disappointed with last year’s Big and I really look forward for her new drama. I guess she didn’t disappoint me this time. I love her budding chemistry and frequent bickering with Kim So-young until they finally started to date secretly. 

Although at the surface this drama looked like just a slapstick comedy, but it has depth and make people think out of it. Maybe because it’s one week  post General Election in my beloved Malaysia and people around me kept talking about politics and post-election, I felt this drama is somewhat really entertaining to watch. 


I love Kim So-young's feedback when he was asked by a student about him entering politics as a member of Great Korea Party when he previously worked fine as judge.  

“I’ll answer the question. I’m on the ‘Back and Forth Party’. Being book smart doesn’t always mean that you’re able to think. Does the world seem black and white to you? Do you think there’s only left or right in this world? There’s above, below, and front and back as well! You asked why I joined the Greater Korea Party? What difference does it make? Political parties are corrupt but they serve a purpose. However, politicians overt attempts to receive recognition has them constantly fighting. In my eyes they seem like a bunch of psychotic witches.

They say they’re doing all this for the good of the citizens but they are only concerned about themselves. And who elected them? It’s the idiotic citizens! You all love to curse the politicians, but you are just like them. Everything is black or white, friend or foe! Like I said, I’m right in the middle! Depending on the policy and the situation, I can be conservative or liberal. Is that wrong?

If that’s wrong, don’t judge me because of the party I belong to but  because of my actions. If the criticism doesn’t work, then don’t vote for me at the next elections. What I’m saying is, judge the action, not the ideologies. Having different ideologies isn’t something to be ashamed of. Not respecting the differences is shameful and idiotic behavior!”



                Yep, it’s the citizen that elected those leaders. What to say, no matter how corrupt they are we’re in the middle to chose and had to decide. Well, that’s so called democracy. But what the majority said need to be respected in any ways. Though I believe that what majority says doesn’t necessarily a good thing. And those leaders elected need to be respected and we have 5 years to look how good or bad they are. I hope they’ll do their job very well and if they don’t have what it takes, God willing, there’s always room for CHANGE. I believe where there’s a will there’s a way. But please keep in mind that in whatever we do,

“…to Him we belong and to Him we shall return.”

 And also do not forget that, 

“With a great power come great responsibilities”

Thanks for reading, take care everyone. Anyeong!

Comments

Popular Posts