First Impression – I Hear Your Voice


Peace be upon you.

“Don't look at me like I'm a monster. In this world, there are people whose IQs are 200 and people who run 100 meters in 9 seconds. Being special doesn't make you a monster. I'm not an alien! I was born on Earth!” – Park Soo-ha

Song of the day, I Searched for You by Ellie Williams featuring Babyface.



Arghh…I’m aware that I should be picky about watching drama, but why show you’re so cute to begin with. I guess I’m going to love you so much. I Hear Your Voice came from the writer who did the inspiring first season of Dream High teamed up with the Director who did Cheongdam-dong Alice. What to expect?  In dramawiki, the synopsis tells me that it’s about 2 lawyers team up with a high school kid who is able to read people’s mind to crack the case that only have a one percent chance of the defendant being found innocent. But after I watched it for few mintues, I fall in love already. Besides, noona-dongsaeng crush is cute too. His mission is to protect noona, named Jang Hye-seong. And in order to see his righteous noona with the sense of justice back then, he diligently searched for her for 10 years but he is frustrated after seeing her eventually become a lawyer who distrusts her client. 
 
 
 Cha Gwan-woo
 Jang Hye-seong

Jang Hye-seong and Cha Gwan-woo is 2 different extreme. One doesn’t trust her defendant, and the other one put blindly trust on his defendant. I really intrigued about their journey to become genuine lawyers that later will be wise enough to decide what to trust and not. Cha Gwan-woo is quite a weirdo, overly trying to be friendly, and the worst of him is he blindly trusts the defendant. It’s a huge mistake, Cha Gwan-woo shi!
 
“I try to believe them as best as I can. But once in a while, believing your defendants can become an obstacle.” – Shin Sang-duk

I hope there isn’t romance involved, but it’s koreandrama afterall. Sigh. School 2013 did not serve us with romance but it managed to do very well and impressed a lot of viewers, so I guess kdrama makers can forget about romance once in a while. I kinda love Judge Kim too. He’s cute and not too dramatic or serious. The same goes to the public defender chief, Shin Sang-duk who had 40 years of experience being a public defender. I bet he has a lot of things to be taught to newbies like Hye-seong and Gwan-woo. All in all, I like all of the characters in the legal side.
 
 Judge Kim
 
Seo Do-young

And Hye-seong’s rival, Miss Prosecutor Seo Do-young is somewhat intriguing too. Was she a bad girl? Why did she become a prosecutor? Why she didn’t become the witness back then? There are a lot of questions the needed to be answered in the next 14-episodes ride. This drama reminds me of a Japanese drama, Legal High. Well, maybe because the setting is about the lawyers, and I just watched Legal High quite recently – though I’m stuck at 7th episodes and reluctant to finish it, since jdrama comes only one in a while in my dramalist. 
 
 

Lee Jung-seok’s character as Park Soo-ha is not much different with Go Nam-soon of School 2013. But the love for him grows even bigger this time. He’s a good student with traumatic past and I'm curious why he’s gifted with such ability to read people’s mind at the perfect moment – and how he lives with the fact. I thought he must’ve seen some psychologist or psychiatrist because I think it’s hard to live that way.  But looking at him I guess he’s living quite happy with that, anyway. He’s one of a kind and perhaps, only exists in dramaland. 
 

So  I Hear Your Voice will revolve about investigation stuffs, a kinda Sherlock Holmes plus Detective Conan and some undercover game, Cyrano - like. Don’t worry this drama won’t step into a dark side and I hope it’ll continue to stay in lovely and beautiful, heart-warming comfort zone.
 

I love the way Hye-seong noona communicate with Soo-ha in the court when she’s asking whether she can trust Go Seong-bin. Noona doesn’t need to utter even one word from her mouth yet,  Soo-ha will understand and nodded. I love that scene the most. I’s so beautiful and it’s a relief that finally our noona fights for justice after seeing her without soul previously. And Soo-ha’s smile makes the perfect ending for episode 2. It gives hope to the characters as well to us, the viewers. Arghh..those killer smile. 
 
"I'll protect you." - Park Soo-ha

But I guess Park Soo-ha needs to learn something as well. He shouldn’t put blind trust on the people’s mind because mind can lie and puts on trick as well. How the innocent mind can lie? Huh? For example, when someone is in denial state, the mind can even trick him/her saying the opposite to the real truth. I sense that bad guy might use this trick to fight with Park Soo-ha’s superhuman ability. If he thinks that mind can’t lie, it’s a huge perception that he needs to correct that, asap. 
 
            Oh, before I forgot, the lorry driver ajusshi (Ojakgyo Brothers’ Hwang Tae-shik) who was imprisoned for 10 years is going to be released soon and he’ll find Hye-song. The fact that scary ajusshi knows about Soo-ha mind-reading power terrifies me. Back then in the court 10 years ago, he used the same method by playing the psycho-game with Soo-ha. He scared the child just by looking at him. I’m afraid that the ajusshi will become smarter to face Soo-ha but I bet Soo-ha also has grown up and able to handle the pscho-game well. 

 Jung Woong-in as scary lorry driver ahjussi

I guess this is too much to write about a drama that only aired its 2nd episodes. There’s a very long way to go and let’s see how I Hear Your Voice team nails it until the end. Till then, whatever in your heart, the voice inside, He knows the best no matter how much you try to hide it. Don’t lie even to yourself, because living in lies is really painful. Accept the fact and let’s live life to fullest. A better future will definitely awaits us. Take care, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts