Moving on



Peace be upon you.

Yeah, we’re moving on to another year ahead. It’s my first entry in 2014. Well, let’s make it a meaningful one. So where do I go next? What’s the plan for this year?  Honestly, I’m not a type person who set goals to be achieved within this year.  I’m terrible isn’t it? But that’s okay; I know how to handle it well then.  Well, within less than 90 days, I will sit for my hardly waiting professional exam that cost me a lot of confusion and palpitation. I can feel that the tense are within the air already. But I think, it should be a good stress anyway, I suppose. 


I realized that recently I did not really watch Korean drama as I used to, and started to losing the interest. Is it anhedonia? I guess it’s not –because  I just shifted my pleasure into something else. Maybe I will write about that another time. 
 
What if?

That what if kind of thing suddenly went inside my mind and I started to think, what if I took a different path back then? What if I didn’t change my major during my college days? I guess if I did, things would be different. Yeah, things will be different. But I would definitely become a different me. Not as I am today. Will I be happy? I don’t know.
There’s no use to say that I want to turn back the time thingy, since I’m pretty sure it’s not possible. Everyone knows that? But what about the future? We made it. 


“We’re all traveling through time together. Every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride. “
Tim Lake, About Time 2013

Yeah, got that. He’s right. By the way I just watched About Time and it’s quite a nice ride. Albeit for it’s simplicity of the storyline, it’s really a heartwarming one making me wanting to watch it again and again. And, I just felt in love with the song called The Luckiest sung by Ben Folds as a part of this beautiful movie’s soundtrack. 


I don’t get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns
The stumbles and falls brought me here
.....and I know 
That I am the luckiest




“Iterations”

I came across this word recently after the awesome Joseph Gordon-Levitt posted his work with various artist around the world working on massive ideas of art. They’re art geniuses. I’m not used to speak English in my daily life and I did not like to read books, so I guess that’s why my vocabulary is rather limited. Perhaps, I used to come across but never bother to find it. Sometimes we take things for granted until you realized that’s the thing that could save you. So, about iterations, the story of a girl who had hardship and difficulties and life, met her guide and later she just realized that she had to walk on her own feet and spread her wings. It’s simple yet amazing. 

Here it is, iterations




Mathematics

It’s rare, isn’t it? My basic maths was pretty bad. Until now I didn’t even memorize the multiplication table. But it’s okay- it doesn’t mean that you’re dumb. We can’t be perfect all the time. But maths is not all about multiplication thingy. It’s beyond that. I started to like maths when I was in secondary school where I didn’t have to deal with a lot of numbers and memorize the multipliation. Thanks to the presence of calulator and obviously to the algebra…it makes my maths as well as my life easier. I started to understand the concept and realize maths is not merely about logic. Yeah, it’s logic but it is also an art. Huh. Weird?

“I’m 220 and I’m still looking for 284. Would you mind be my 284 then?”

Well, that’s obviously the best mathematician’s pick-up line. Amazing isn’t it? I came across it while watching bunch of videos by numberphile on Youtube and I sort of like the way they play around with numbers. Especially, with Dr James Grime is in it, nerdy yet funny maths genius. How awesome it would be if he could be my maths lecturer, but then I realized that - I’m far ahead to take maths as my major. If I were, it would be 360 degrees turn for me. Hahaha…

Decision

Prior to this, I was reluctant. I was indecisive about where I should apply for my 2 years of internship, if I passed the so-called professional exam. And I suddenly realized that I’ve been away from home for the past 6 years, and it’s the right time for me to cover that up for the times I  wasn’t there for my family. When you’re growing older, you just realized that there’s nothing precious than a family. Maybe that’s the part of me growing older. I can always learn and the chance to further my studies can come anytime, but family – is the only one, it’s a once in a lifetime. Furthermore, I didn’t have to worry about other things since I will have my family beside me. They’re my strength.


220 and 284

Well, looking for partner of life is never being easy. No comments.  Let’s see what we’ve got later.


Life is a remarkable, eventful journey that fundamentally shapes us to who we are. We questions ourselves, we reflect, we improve ourselves, being a calculative about the risks – to take or not to take, making decision, looking for the love and so on. Anywhere we come; anywhere we go we keep moving on through this wonderful journey called the human life. And that’s what makes us human. 


"I just try to live every day as if I've deliberately come back to this one day to enjoy it as if it was the full final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life."
Tim Lake, About Time 2013 


What a long rambling isn’t it? As if I’m going to make it up for another long hiatus. Who knows? But I do hope to write again. 


Till then, goodbye.

Comments

Popular Posts