Not Invisible but Unnoticed


Peace be upon you.

It’s me again. It seems like ages since I last wrote. Let’s keep it short and sweet. Well, the final exam is approaching and the stress is in the air. The palpitation is getting profoundly obvious and pseudo-illness strikes me. Well, they’re all exam-induced symptoms that may appear as the level of stress increases. Yep, seriously I’m afraid if can’t do well in exam but also do afraid post-exam as I will entered a new phase of my life. That time, I’m no longer a student, and I had to take responsibilities of my own actions and decision. It’s a test for me. And life indeed is a test. 



In A Case of Identity by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle the conversation between Holmes and Watson strikes me.

John Watson: You appeared to read a good deal upon her which was quite invisible to me.
Sherlock Holmes: Not invisible but unnoticed, Watson. You did not know where to look, and so you missed all that was important.

I’m afraid that I might not notice obvious thing that I should pick up, and then make a fatal mistake. I should be more aware and think like Sherlock Holmes, maybe? It’s simply because,

“The eyes won’t see what the brain doesn’t know.”

Yeah, that’s right. To be able to hypothesize of infer something; the brain must have an idea what to look for. That’s why theory and practice come hand in hand. It should be. It has to. Dear Mr. Sherlock Holmes, how you came about with The Science of Deduction?

Well, not to forget –last 2 nights I had a bad dream. A very bad one. I, in the dreamland happened to have left eye pain. I almost lost my left eye. It was a terrible experience. I felt nervous and I never thought it was just a dream. It’s the point where my mind was floating and I didn’t know what is real. I could feel the pain. My vision was restricted. But I didn’t remember how the nightmare ended. I guess I was trying to go to hospital. When I woke up, I realized it was just a bad dream. Thank God, it was just a dream. But suddenly I started to think, what if it were real? Will I be able to endure it?  It is such a blessing to have intact eyesight without having to pay a single cent, but people often take it for granted.

“Then which of the favours of your Lord would you deny?”
 55: 13


It strikes me so much. This verse is repeated numbers of times in the Qur’an. I realized I take a lot of things in my life for granted; and never bother to think about it.

“So, verily, with every hardship, there is ease:
Verily, with every hardship there is ease.”
94:5-6

Life is indeed a test. Whatever that may come through, take it as a challenged. We know where we belong and to where we shall return. So let’s make this journey of life a wonderful one, fueled with blessing and good deeds. Let’s us seek for the truth, it’ll set us free. Though it is a test, life is not as hard as it may seem. Today officially remarks the end as a student and there are 23 days to go before the final exam.


“Guide us to the straight path.”
1:6

Whatever it is, I’ll try my best with the best of my knowledge to make the world a better place to live in. Till then, goodbye.
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Watch the latest videos from YouTube for 'The Walking Dead'
Video: Walking Dead (TV Episode: Season 1) (HD-0221) is one of the best episodes of the first season youtube to mp3\ of TV series on TV. The story of two survivors of

Popular Posts