Peter Pan Syndrome

There was a boy named Peter Pan
He was a playful young boy
Stuck in the fairy land
The goal is to play all-day

There was something he was scared of
Afraid of getting old as daddy
Not the physical appearance he was scared of
But afraid of burden that he has to carry

Because he know
Peter Parker once said
With great power comes great responsibility
And that’s what he really afraid of
Thinking that he was disabled in many ways

If I were Peter
Either it’s Pan or Parker
I choose to be neither
Because it doesn't matter
I am not Peter
I want to be better
I am me

I know this is a pretty lunatic writing to begin with. Well, honestly it’s not a poem and please don't 
ever think so. It is just another scattered idea coming through my mind and subsequently transferred
into a series of so-called twisted words. 

Well, speaking of Peter Pan, I kind of reconnect with my own life. As a child, I always had a thought that it will be better if I grow up faster. ( Well, this happens in 13 Going 30’s). However when we 
grew up we kinda miss the feeling of being young and innocent. Well at this point I agreed that
 human will never satisfied with what they’ve got. We often think that things will be better as we
 grew older and take things in our life for granted. But once we looked back, those small things were actually big things. We often miss the time we got punished in school for not completing homework, having a fight for simple little things..and the list is never-ending. And those moments were priceless.

Once I’m older, I realized that adult life is much more complicated. Things didn’t happen according 
to your plan and your life suddenly become dull and uninteresting.At that point of time somehow you just wish that you can run away but you don’t even have the courage to even do so. As we grew older - it means more responsibilities being carried upon you and somehow you can’t just simply do things and need to 
consider other person or things as well. But we cannot keep looking back. Life must go
 on and we need to find our own happiness. Cherish all the moments in your life, because who knows that will be the best thing ever happened in your life. Till then, goodbye. 

Comments

Popular Posts