Tree with Deep Root -a general impression


        At first I never thought that I would watch this series but after it ended, I read a lot of good reviews regarding this series. Definitely, I was quite picky to watch any historical drama because it needs you to pay more attention. Once you skipped, you would probably miss an important fact!  Finally I gave in and started to watch Tree with Deep Root and I was impressed! It’s really a nicely-done work of art. I loved it at the very first episode until the end.  



       The cinematography is great, the plot is thrilling and the characters are awesome. Character-wise, I loved the actor who played as Lee Do (The King) both during teenage years and in later grown-up version.  And Jang Hyuk who played as Ddolbok ( later Kang Chaeyoon) was really impressive. Not to forget, Shin Sekyung who played as Soyi ( Ddolbok’s love interest) immersed well into the character. And the bond between the child actor and later the grown-up version of the character was believable as if it was the same person. 



        The fighting scene, urgh..nothing to say because it was damn good. I like the fighting scene the same way I did for The Return of Iljimae back then.



        The writing, it’s a work of art. There are a lot of metaphors made me sometime have to think twice to understand the meaning. Well, it’s lovable. Not only that, Tree with Deep Root emphasized on the beauty of literature and the journey to make people knows how to read. In the end, they develop their own letter and finally the benefit goes to the people. It’s a simple story but nicely-done in a very artistic way. Nothing more to say, I love it.


Comments

Popular Posts