King 2 Hearts- Final Thoughts

I end up with 2 entries in a day because the drama wrapped up on the same day,huh!


       At first I thought this drama would be as cute as Princess Hours since the plot line is about the royal family. Hey, it’s totally different from what I expected it to be and I’m glad that this drama has its own sticking factors.

       The story line is kinda simple but with a lot of twist that made me giddy and surprised since it’s getting good as it go along the way. It provides us with a very personal story which includes angst, romance, cuteness, sad feeling and the entire thing wrapped up together in a unique way.


        The character that I like the most, of course the heroin, Kim Hang-ah played by Ha Ji-won. Eventhough I did not really like her character in Secret Garden( which I don’t know why) I came to like her so much in King 2 Hearts. Her North accent is cute and even though I don’t understand Korean, I’m pretty sure she did her job well! I’m glad that Kim Hang-ah is the North Special Agent that if the badass wanted to harm her, she’ll figure various ways to escape- not just waiting for the hero to save her. I adore her so much. But pity for her, she had to bear the pain ever since she entered the palace.



       Lee Jae-ha, the king played by Lee Seung-gi; what to say I disliked him during his crown prince days. When I see him, I just wanna slap him on the face. Truly I disliked him for treating Hang-ah badly but soon, with Lee Jae-kang death he became a man and more matured.  This is the turning point that makes him more mature, and I started to like him. I watched his other drama like Shining Inheritance and My Girlfriend is Gumiho but this drama truly showed his acting abilities as a more matured person- not only a spoiled boy from rich family. Well done!  Lee Sung-gi put a well-balance performance with Ha Ji-won. I really like both of them in this drama; it’s cute but not too much- just enough.




      Eun Shi-kyung, oh no! I really like this guy. It makes me ache to accept the fact that he died( SPOILER). That’s too bad for the princess Lee Jae-shin. Okay, stop it- it ripped my heart apart! Come here, resuscitate!



I really love this song!
    Lee Jae-kang, the former king as well as Jae-ha’s hyeong, a really nice, down to earth person and his death is the turning point of Jae-ha character development as a stronger leader. 


     Kim Bong-gu/ John Mayer truly a badass in this drama. He had delusion of grandeur, kept saying he's the King. I recommended he to see a psychiatrist to fix the chemical imbalances in his brain. Psychotherapy might help a lot too!


     For the ending, it totally brought a lot of surprise to the audience. I’m glad that Lee Jae-ha and Kim Hang-ah can stop the war, get married and having a cute little son just like Hang-ah( giggling)





     I adore the relationship in this drama because it’s meaningful in different way. The brotherhood of Jae-kang X Jae-ha, friendship between Jae-ha X Eun Shi-kyung, Shi-kyung  X Jae-shin as well as Hang-ah and her supportive father are so adorable!



    Well because of this drama, I have mixed feeling not just like other drama. One word to describe it, DARING. I love the fact that everyone dared to take actions, well because they TRUST each other! I aslo love that the writer don't put the "happily ever after" ending because logically they will face a lot more challenges ahead. Instead it's " I love you", holding hands together meaning that they will face every challenges ahead together. Awesome ending!



     So, comrade Lee Jae-ha, I now officially leaving you to be taken care by the Queen, Kim Hang-ah.It's already over between you and me..(haha..)Let's call it quit. I'll miss you!

Thank you, for everything! Thumbs up!

Comments

Popular Posts