Daddy Good Deeds vs the unforgettable moments


          I mentioned before on my previous post that I would watch Yes Sir, Sorry Sir and I did. It was a light drama that you can laugh as much as you want. After finish watching Yes Sir, Sorry Sir I hooked into Daddy Good Deeds that deeply moved my heart. Watching this drama brought about the same feeling I did when watching Family Man looong time ago, and to the lesser extend I felt like watching Korean family drama like Smile You and Ojakgyo Family. Sure enough, as you get older you’ll like family drama more than anything else. Anyway, I’m just 22...not that old. Hahaha...Last year I would say Can You Hear My Heart was my so-called kdrama of the year, and it indicated how much I treasure family drama. Okay, let me introduce you to Daddy Good Deeds

 Pawn Uncle and the beloved children

        Daddy Good Deeds is a Cantonese drama revolved around Ko Yi Man(Ha Yu)  known as Pawn Uncle who runs a pawn shop. He is a devoted father to his son, A Wai and 2 daughters Yu Chu(Linda Chung) and Yu Po. Plus there is Pawn Uncle’s workers Yap(Edwin Siu) and Lam A Lui with his son,Lam Fat( Steven Ma) that light up the show. This drama brings the warmness of a family into your heart. Well, I would like to gather the most memorable moment in Daddy Good Deeds

 Linda Chung, Ha Yu, Steven Ma and Edwin Siu

Lam Fat & Yap vs The Brokeback Mountain
Anyway, I put this first. Hahaha...it’s pretty funny when everyone thought that Yap is a gay at first. I laughed like in manic phase when Lam Fat even having nightmare about it. Fat and Yap brotherhood/bromance is something really nice to see. 

 don't be confused, the brokeback mountain parody is not in this scene!

Yu Po vs Sonic Idol
I don’t really care about the outcome of Sonic Idol, but I think the writer did a good job to let Yu Po lost to Yap. I cried together with her when she mentioned about the supports she had been receiving from her family members. No Koreandrama can make me cry with that simple scene. Arghhh....

The Diarrhoea scene
For a family to have diarrhea right after eating oyster is pretty funny also. All you need is the toilet!

The  “Cicak” scenes
Cicak is a Malay word means lizard. Ko family and Yap are all afraid of the cicak. There’re various scene with cicak but I like the scene when the elevator stopped and Fat was like a hero, putting back the cicak into the container. It’s comically very funny. Huh.

The Invincible Couple (Wai & Han)
They are inseparable couple. I love their understanding and tolerance. Okay full stop.


The brotherhood/sisterhood of Lam Fat, Yu Chu and Yap
This is the most unforgettable facts in Daddy Good Deeds. I actually didn’t care who get to date Yu Chu since I like them being brothers/sisters. The scene when they went outing with a little girl, as well when Yu Chu and Yap tried to protect Fat from being cheated by his ex, are too heart-warming scenes. There’re lots of scenes with them together, and not to forget when they dressed up and went to CID office to save Yu Chu’s face in front of Amazing Sir, arhh..they’re adorable brothers.

 Yap, Yu Chu and Fat, the brotherhood!



Who is adopted?
At first I thought Yu Chu is the adopted child and that’s the moment she felt grateful to be the part of the family. I don’t know how to describe it but I like it how the situation make them valued their family. Yeah!

The Evil vs Angel of Fat Dat Ko
Okay, I love this. Just love it so much! Then you chose fair competition, so cute.

The Flying Barbeque
It’s the perfect finishing scene, I guess since the rooftop and the barbeque happens a lot in this drama. The rooftop itself is the place where the family gathers, share secrets and stuff. Not to mention, Fat’s talent in badminton.


 Yu Chu and Yap

          Anyway, I strongly recommend this drama to be watched. It has heart-warming feeling and positive energy as well a lot of take home messages. They’re no ramantic scene, melodramatic scene or even psychotic scene. It’s just a beautifully wrapped family drama that has been made for you with a handful of love. It’s simple but still meaningful.

 Yap, Yu Po, Fat, Yu Chu, Wai and Han

         The character that I like the most is....should I say all of them? But I really love Lam Fat and Yap in this drama. Yeah, Steven Ma and Edwin Siu really gave out the best! I read somewhere that this is Steven’s last project with TVB and what a pity for me to acknowledge him just recently. I’ll look forward to your future job. You’re an amazing actor, anyway. For the uncles, Pawn uncle and Lam uncle- you’re truly the stars. All of the casts did an amazing job and gave out the best.

Well, I don’t want to write a lengthy post, so I should stop here then. Hahaha..

“Be filial to your parents, and you won’t be a bad person”
Pawn Uncle, Daddy Good Deeds

And that’s quite true. Till then, anyeong! See you again next time. Bye-bye!

** random pics here and there from the net. It's not mine to begin with. 

Comments

Popular Posts